Today I visited the Xbox Experience in MAK Vienna. From 24th November to 4th December, allows visitors to test the new Xbox 360 for free. There is also a contest for rock bands: the 12 finalist groups will be playing during the week, with the big final scheduled for 2th December.
There were about 100 consoles, all connected to Samsung HD LCD's. I played most of the games, but could not try Perfect Dark Zero, because the 10 kids playing deathmatch would not leave their seats :P.
Some impressions about the console:
- I like the design. It's bigger than I expected.
- The gamepads are ok, nothing revolutionary but comfortable.
- The high-definition TV's really make a difference. I, for one, would not buy a next-gen console before owning one of those LCD screens.
About the games:
- Project Gotham Racing 3: Nice graphics.
- Kameo: Not a bad game.. cool graphics, but I didn't like the main character design at all.
- King Kong: The atmosphere is quite good, but still I didn't find the game fun.
- NFS Most Wanted: Good graphics, easy control. Now you can refill your nitro-gauge ala Burnout. Just one more NFS from EA.
- Amped: I found the graphics below average.
- Call of Duty 2: A big deception. The same scripted, predictable, gameplay of former titles like COD or MOH:AA. In my opinion, visuals are not next-gen neither. Innovation please!
- Ninety Nine Nights: Technically impressive, and my favourite so far. It was the same demo presented in the TGS2005.
There were other sport games I didn't bother to try(soccer, basket). These are just my impressions, so just take them with a bit of salt.
Now, some pictures: