Friday, April 28

Deadline frenzy..

The deadline for the CG23 game prototype approaches. I am putting all my best to make it on time.. :P. Most of the subsystems are functional(but asking for a later rework), but I have not started yet with one of the most difficult parts: collision and response handling. And no, I am not using ODE, PhysX, Newton or whatever physics library for this. I just need to handle sphere-polygon soup collisions, and I think that learning how to write such routines will pay off in the future.


By the way, I have been using the source code of Irrlicht as inspiration for Mousy Ball's engine. It is really neat and self-contained, contrary to plugin-hell-based engines such as Ogre or Crystal-Space.

Current aspect of main menu


Test level designed by Tina


To finish, feel free to check out the Creative Commons Wired CD on LegalTorrents.com. I know it is old news though. It includes Beastie Boys, David Byrne, Dan The Automator, Gilberto Gil, Cornelius, and many more Creative Commons-licensed tracks, all licensed for remixing and spreading : ), coming in 320Kbps MP3 format!

1 comment:

Leandro said...

Pues tiene muy buena pinta!!! a ver si llegas bien al deadline ;)