Friday, January 4

Where's my flat stomach?

Oh, the horror. For the first time in my life, my stomach isn't flat anymore. Damn christmas. However, I am not letting this last too long! This shall be hereby one of my new year's resolution.

How am I going to do it? Well, I used to do some light abdominal and weight-lifting at home for muscle-building. Gotta go back to it to get rid of this small fat belly. But this is not a clear enough goal. What's my goal 'flatness'? How often am I going to train? When will I stop? Should I stop at all?

Oh noes!


Let's set an S.M.A.R.T. goal:

  1. Specific – Objectives should specify what they want to achieve -> I want to get my flat stomach back.

  2. Measurable – You should be able to measure whether you are meeting the objectives or not -> Is the curvature of my belly zero?

  3. Achievable - Are the objectives you set, achievable and attainable? -> I hope so. Probably it's not too late.

  4. Realistic – Can you realistically achieve the objectives with the resources you have? -> My resource here is time and determination. Hmmm.. this is a risk, as I am not sure if I have those.

  5. Time – When do you want to achieve the set objectives? -> Before spring comes would be EPIC WIN, after summer would be EPIC FAIL.

So I got an smart goal. However, I detected a risk: I may not have the time or determination to train often. I must do something to mitigate this risk. I know, I'll set a training schedule, this will help me allocate the time I need:
  • 45-60 min aerobic, abdominal and light weight-lifting sessions at home, five times a week.
Ok, I can surely find time for that, even during exams. In order to maximize my determination, I will be hearing one episode of the PM Podcast every session, and will never give up until the show is finished. So.. that's it, I could keep narrowing my goal and making my training schedule more specific, but I think that will make it for now.

And rest assured, I won't post any "after and before" pictures ; )

4 comments:

Pogacha said...

[maniac voice]It will follow you forever! There is no escape HaHaHaHa![/maniac voice]

BTW, this entry is the most pathetic post ever ...

Julio Gorgé said...

Haha, not as pathetic as the adsense ads that Google is now placing on the blog:

** Abdominal Exercises Suck **
I fought for years to lose belly fat, until I found this 1 trick.

LOL

I will try to post something new soon, as this has been on the top of the Planet Stratos too long already :-P

The Project Management Podcast™ said...

If you would like, then I can make my shows even a little longer for you... :-)

Glad that you are enjoying them!

Cornelius Fichtner, PMP

Julio Gorgé said...

Thanks Cornelius, but the current 35-50 min. run time of the episodes suits me perfectly ; )

Also, many thanks for the show, I am currently taking a master in PM and the podcast is proving to be a great complement to it.